On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Rupert <rup...@twittervlog.tv> wrote:
> I usually notice very bad audio, but it didn't register for me when I
> watched you.  That said, there's a weird trick of the brain where good
> audio can make a video with mediocre visuals seem more professional,
> but bad audio can make the nicest looking video seem very cheap - so
> it's worth spending money on.

Bad audio is not always detectable on cheap desktop type PC speakers,
but put a pair of good padded headphones on and you'll suddenly hear
every annoying audio artifacts clear as day. It's the extra dynamic
range of headphones that does the trick.

> A lot of people use the Rode Video Mic
> on their video cameras - it's about $100, I think, but gives
> surprisingly good mobile sound.

Yes, the Rode Videomic is pretty much an industry standard.
I use a cheaper Jaycar shotgun mic and still get great results.

Dave.