I think if you  are fairly sure you only need to show the film once
(or during one short period)  you should ask the distributors about
pricing for that. I think faculty needs to be flexible when films are
either unavailable for streaming or just too much that they consider
either another title or actually trying to get students to a LIVE
screening or checking it out of library or watching at library.