   From: [1]Rob MacKillop

   To: [2]Monica Hall

   Cc: [3]Vihuelalist

   Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 1:42 PM

   Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Chord I

   I use the 2nd finger on the 2nd course, and the first finger on the
   other two courses. I have no problem with the open first string
   sounding. I show beginner-ish students this technique and invariable
   they can't bend their first finger inwards at the first joint, but some
   who have played blues and or jazz guitar before have no problem - it is
   fairly standard technique for those styles.

   Rob