Great project and very beautiful video! Thanks Bud!

Arto

On 13/09/12 18:29, bud roach wrote:
    Hello Friends-

    On this issue I do have something to contribute-  a very specific
    example from the alfabeto repertoire (along with some shameless
    self-promotion!)

    In preparation for my recording of Grandi's 3rd volume of arias from
    1626, my teacher suggested the alternate fingering 20003, which I had
    never used before, for a specific phrase where he felt a doubled third
    was really necessary for the texture. I'm not sure that I make the most
    of this opportunity in the promo video- I confess I can't hear the
    difference as well when I'm only listening, but when I'm playing it
    does give a clarity to the chord change that I also prefer. Now I also
    use it in faster passages where the major third really needs to come
    through strongly.
    [1]https://vimeo.com/47540812
    The score is on the screen very briefly at 1:55 (with the chord in
    question on the downbeat of the final system), and the instance where
    the alternate fingering was proposed is at 4:50 in the first verse,
    with three verses to follow.

    This has been a very interesting thread! Thanks to everyone for your
    input.
    Bud