Dnia poniedziaƂek, 7 sierpnia 2006 15:46, Charles E Campbell Jr napisaƂ:
> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> >Full collapsing was discussed some time ago and dismissed because
> >there is no good way to show theirs existence when collapsed.
>
> Hmm -- Vince Negri's "conceal" patch demonstrates, not postulates,
> that this statement is incorrect.  Its quite simple: the current line
> is shown without concealing anything in it.  Only non-current lines
> may contain concealed text.  One place this sort of thing would come
> in handy, for example, is editing LaTeX.  With suitable concealment of
> escape sequences, italicized text, for example, could be shown
> italicized but the \textit{ and closing } would be concealed.  Unless,
> of course, one was editing the line containing such.

This works only on character wise collapsing and also isn't perfect.
When doing line wise concealing you will never now (with exception of
:se number) if there are hidden lines. Character wise concealment also
has its problems because some lines will be unnaturally short due to
concealing and without possibility to effectively gqap. Of course - in
case of LaTeX conceal patch is better than nothing (hiding \index{},
\footnote{}, maybe substitute math characters) would greatly clarify
text.

m.

ps. I am leaving tomorrow for three weeks, good bye.