Nikolai Weibull wrote:
On 8/5/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> However, it can sort of be simulated by having marks that stick to the
> text position that they mark, instead of line + fixed column.  (We
> don't have this kind of mark at the moment.)

IIUC, Vim's marks _are_ normally anchored to the text they mark, not to
line numbers.

That's what I so ineloquently stated. The thing is that the column is fixed.

 nikolai

Hm., I checked it, and to my surprise, indeed when jumping with ` to a mark after a characterwise-delete but in the same line, the mark is not on the same text. Bug?

Best regards,
Tony.