On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 06:51:47AM +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
[...]
> Completion continues until:
> - You type a non-word character, such as a space or a comma;

This is not 100% correct. It continues untill space or Enter is
encountered. Coma, ( { etc are not counted.

> - You type a special key which is not used to continue completion;

Can you please name one such key?

> - You add a letter for which no completion is found.

This is incorrect. Even if I type the word that can't be completed, the
completion stays on. Which I find very strange and inconvinient.

So, I think the older versions of vim behaved differently here, that is
why I haven't learned to use the Ctrl-E or Ctrl-Y. And now, with release
7 I have to adopt new habit of using these.