Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:51:52AM +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:00:50AM +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 06:51:47AM +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
[...]
Completion continues until:
- You type a non-word character, such as a space or a comma;
This is not 100% correct. It continues untill space or Enter is
encountered. Coma, ( { etc are not counted.
When I type a comma, it closes the popup. Of course, the comma is not
Aha, I guess this is where confusion comes. The popup closes, but
completion does not stop. At the bottom of screen I still have "Keyword
completion (^N^P) match 1 of 2". And this does not go away untill I hit
Space, Enter, Esc, Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-E. The funniest thing is, that even
after I've added ( or , to the text and popup is gone, the message still
says "1 match of 2" :)

Aha, I think, that here we talk about a bug!  If I hit Ctrl-N, get the
needed completion, and then start typing further, then the completion
stops as soon as there are no more matches.  BUT. If after Ctrl-N I hit
Backspace first, and then continue typing, then completion does not stop
even when there are no more matches. In this case only Esc or Ctrl-Y
aborts the completion.

Ah, finally, I can reproduce that. I think it's only a missing screen redraw. If I backspace, then type a few letters, then (let's say) a period, the message "match m of n" is still there. Hitting <Left> makes it disappear (replaced by "-- INSERT --"), after which <Right> brings the cursor back where it belongs.

204. You're being audited because you mailed your tax return to the IRC.