"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-05-21 05:50:03:
> On 5/20/07, Matthew Winn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I can't begin to imagine why Microsoft thought it would be
> > a good idea to put spaces in the names of system directories
>
> I have two theories about this.
> 1) MS lifted the idea from Macintosh
> 2) MS, long humiliated by inferiority complex of the 8+3 FAT16 filenames,
> did it to subvert the idea of unix shell scripting powers. To create,
> that is, the
> files that break unix shell scripts  (remember samba ? ).
>
> Yakov

Interesting, it is said that MS uses '\' in paths (such as c:\foo\bar\)
just to conteract the unix '/'.

However, '\' in paths is very inconvenient in C programming so they use '/'
in Windows internels.

It is very likely that M$ set this just to "baffle" users. So my choice is
just "never use filenames with spaces", Since I never put anything
important into "Document and Settings"

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606