On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 05:54:36PM +0100, Mike Williams wrote:
> > Can someone use Git without installing any software?  If yes, then we
> > might be able to replace other methods.  If no, then lots of people will
> > prefer to stay with what they already have installed.
>
> Windows users wanting to use Git for things other than getting snapshots
> (e.g. patch development) it can be a pain - they need to install and set
> up Cygwin.  Last time I looked Windows support was the neglected child
> for various philosophical and technical reasons.  Using Git will raise
> the barrier for Windows users.

There's msysgit (http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/) which provides git
(and git-gui) for Windows environment and does not depend on cygwin.

I use it from time to time and am quite happy with it.

--
 http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer    | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.