Hello Vim Developers,

I've noticed that some mappings are built into Gvim and Vim.
Here are the ones built into Gvim (from the output of:
:map|map!) - if it matters, I'm running under Windows XP:

    v  <C-X>         "*d
    v  <C-Del>       "*d
    v  <S-Del>       "*d
    v  <C-Insert>    "*y
    v  <S-Insert>    "-d"*P
    n  <S-Insert>    "*P
    !  <S-Insert>    <C-R><C-O>*

The following are the built-in maps for Vim:

    v  <C-X>         "-d
    nv <C-End>       <C-End>
    nv <C-Home>      <C-Home>
    v  ÎØ            "*d
    v  Î×            "*d
    v  ÎÕ            "*y
    v  ÎÔ            "-d"*P
    n  ÎÔ            "*P
    !  <C-End>       <C-End>
    !  <C-Home>      <C-Home>
    i  ÎÔ            <C-R><C-O>*

The Gvim maps remind of some Windows shortcuts that have
apparently been borrowed by Bram.  Those 5 vmaps are quite
odd.  They should work fine as xmaps but we'll not behave as
intended as smaps.  To fix this problem, I've added to my
_vimrc:

    sunmap <C-X>
    if has("gui")
      sunmap <C-Del>
      sunmap <S-Del>
      sunmap <C-Insert>
      sunmap <S-Insert>
    endif

The maps in the has("gui") can't be unmapped that way in
Vim.  Also, what is being accomplished by mapping <C-End>
and <C-Home> to themselves?

Bill