On 27/08/08 01:07, Bill McCarthy wrote:
> Hello Vim Developers,
>
> I've noticed that some mappings are built into Gvim and Vim.
> Here are the ones built into Gvim (from the output of:
> :map|map!) - if it matters, I'm running under Windows XP:
>
>      v<C-X>          "*d
>      v<C-Del>        "*d
>      v<S-Del>        "*d
>      v<C-Insert>     "*y
>      v<S-Insert>     "-d"*P
>      n<S-Insert>     "*P
>      !<S-Insert>     <C-R><C-O>*
>
> The following are the built-in maps for Vim:
>
>      v<C-X>          "-d
>      nv<C-End>        <C-End>
>      nv<C-Home>       <C-Home>
>      v  ÎØ            "*d
>      v  Î×            "*d
>      v  ÎÕ            "*y
>      v  ÎÔ            "-d"*P
>      n  ÎÔ            "*P
>      !<C-End>        <C-End>
>      !<C-Home>       <C-Home>
>      i  ÎÔ<C-R><C-O>*
>
> The Gvim maps remind of some Windows shortcuts that have
> apparently been borrowed by Bram.  Those 5 vmaps are quite
> odd.  They should work fine as xmaps but we'll not behave as
> intended as smaps.  To fix this problem, I've added to my
> _vimrc:
>
>      sunmap<C-X>
>      if has("gui")
>        sunmap<C-Del>
>        sunmap<S-Del>
>        sunmap<C-Insert>
>        sunmap<S-Insert>
>      endif
>
> The maps in the has("gui") can't be unmapped that way in
> Vim.  Also, what is being accomplished by mapping<C-End>
> and<C-Home>  to themselves?

I suspect they are set by some script; maybe mswin.vim or maybe some
"system vimrc":

1. Try starting Vim by typing

        vim -N -u NONE
or
        gvim -N -u NONE

at the cmd.exe prompt (you may have to cd first to the directory
containing the executable). I expect you won't find any of those maps
after (g)vim starts this way, showing that none of those maps are
"built-in".

2. After starting your (g)vim normally (i.e. the way you usually do), type

        :redir @"
        :set nomore
        :verbose map
        :redir END
        :set more
        :new
        :0put

This will tell you where all these mappings came from. The strange
two-character {lhs}es might represent Alt-key chords.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
There was a young fellow named Bliss