On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 09:35:50AM +1000, John Beckett wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm going to deliver some advice from a previous
> occasion when this was discussed. You really should NOT be
> seeing these errors!

Vim creates swapfiles expressly to ease the process of recovering from
problems.  Whether they be the power going out while they were editing,
or their system crashing (BSOD?), or even forgetting to close their Vim
session and needing to do more work from a remote connection.

Adding the ability to easily diff the recovered buffer against the
on-disk file (the action recommended to the user) is a valid request.
I've attempted to do so with vimscript, but so far haven't had much
luck.  Providing this option natively would make a lot of people's lives
easier when they do have to deal with recovering from whatever adverse
scenario caused the swap file to be left behind.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <james...@jamessan.com>