ron wrote:
> [snip]
> I use plugins for my own code, I don't want to disable them.  But I
> don't want to load a whole bunch of code I never use, either.
[snip]

Are you aware of the bifurcation of the plugins into a plugin/ directory and
an autoload/ directory?   The majority of the plugins' code is in the
autoload/ directory and is only loaded if and when the plugin is used.  For
those plugins that take advantage of this feature, which is most of the
standard plugins, the plugin/ directory code only holds the public interface
(commands and maps which call functions residing in the autoload/
directory).

Regards,
Chip Campbell