James McCoy wrote:

On Aug 21, 2013 1:42 PM, "Charles Campbell" <charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov <mailto:charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov>> wrote:

> LCD 47 wrote:
>>
>> ..snip..
>>
>> +1 for this. People routinely edit files that only make sense (and
>> will only ever run) on remote servers.  There are legitimate situations
>> where editing a file has nothing to do with actually running it.
>>
> Except, if its embedded in vimscript, then it is intended to be executed by vim.

But not necessarily *this* Vim, which is the point. The syntax is valid regardless of whether this Vim has been built to execute the syntax.

Which again means: the writer of the script has no intention of testing it at the current time. Bad idea.

Nonetheless, I've have posted a new version at my website and given a copy to Bram several days ago.