On 14/11/13 03:06, Ben Fritz wrote:
On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:14:20 PM UTC-6, Daniel "paradigm" Thau wrote:
Attached is a patch to add an 'autotextobject' setting which will treat
undefined text-objects like quote text objects, using the provided
character as bounds.  For example, with this setting if a user enters

"di," with the cursor between two commas, the text between the commas
will be removed.  This is very useful for editing lists.  Similarly, if
one is composing TeX being able to quickly operate on the area between

dollar signs is useful.  If one is editing snake_case_variables, being
able to do a quick "ci_" is also nice.  The key here is that it happens
on-the-fly with all as-of-yet-undefined objects without requiring the

user consider every possible character he/she would be interested in
ahead of time.

Outside of documentation and adding the setting itself, the it is only a
few additional lines of code.

I've wanted this feature for a while; if there is anything else I should

do to help get it upstreamed do let me know and I'll see what I can do.

- Daniel Thau

I cannot get this patch to apply using either whatever "patch" utility is
installed on Solaris or GNU patch on Windows. Can you please post in a different patch
format? No matter how I tweak the patch file, and no matter what I put for the -p value,
I cannot get it to apply. The best it does is tell me the patch looks like a unified
context diff and then ask me for a file to patch.

It looks like something that ought to apply with -p1 starting at the top of your Vim source directory tree (with the parent of src/ runtime/ etc. being the current directory) but I didn't try to see if it works. I have the impression that it was made by "git diff" or somesuch after converting the Mercurial repository to git form. You might try "hg qimport" (with the mq extension enabled), and if it doesn't work at first try, you may want to remove the "index" lines in the patch. See "hg help qimport" and possibly "hg help qqueue" et al. for details.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time.
                -- Merrick Furst