On So, 31 Jan 2016, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> A bit difficult to read an .md file patch...

I can push the patch and then you can read the result at github.

> I think what's still missing is an explanation of how to install those
> interfaces.

Yes, but I believe this is not part of Vim, but should be explained by
the interfaces (e.g. Perl should explain how to install it).

> Perhaps https://github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/src/INSTALLpc.txt
> But I think it's incomplete.

Hm, have you not yet included Ken's addition? BTW: I think we can drop
Windows 3.1 and MSDOS sections.

> The script actually does the installing, right?  So why not use those
> commands as an example.  But not right here, for every release.
> Should be in a separate page.

I think that should be moved to the vim.wikia page. However there is a
problem with that approach. I think, it is a difference, if we install
those interfaces to have the build compile (as this script does) and in
installing the actual interfaces for the user, who then expects a
working perl command available. So this might not be exactly the same.

It would help, if someone could actually try those builds out and report
back, what was difficult in making those interfaces work.

Also I think, it should simply be announced and when user questions
arrive we can update the documentation (wherever we put it).

Best,
Christian