On Thursday, 11 August 2016 19:30:57 UTC+2, Stefan Schwarzer  wrote:
> On 2016-08-11 17:40, Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
> >> Screenshot attached.  (I haven't try PragmataPro.)
> >
> > I don't either for an obvious reason..Isn't there a free version? :)
>
> As far as I know there's no free version. The cheapest is the
> "PragmataPro Essential" version for 19 Euro plus tax [1]. :-/
>
> Maybe it would make sense to ask [2] the author for a reduced
> subset to try things out. If I remember correctly, someone in
> the forum section (at [1]) suggested having such a "test version"
> and the font author seemed open to the idea. If you want, I can
> contact the author and ask.
>
> [1] http://www.fsd.it/shop/fonts/pragmatapro/
> (There's no dedicated page for the Essential version, but it's
> selectable from the "Weights" list.)
>
> [2] http://www.fsd.it/contact-me/
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan

Hi,

okay, good to know that Mac and Windows already have at least partial support
for ligatures.

In the meantime, I've amended the patch that enables "poor man's ligatures" on
GTK2/3. Now, the user can select for which ASCII characters < 128 the glyph
cache should be bypassed (thus enabling ligatures). This is done by checking a
global vim variable, g:gtk_nocache. If unset, not a list, empty, the wrong
length, or set to [0, 0, 0, 0], the default behaviour is retained. For those
who want to see ligatures in most cases, I recommend to set it to [0x00000000,
0xfc00ffff, 0xf8000001, 0x78000001], which will bypass the glyph cache for
everything but control characters, space, [0-9A-Za-z] and ASCII code 127 (it's
a simple bitmap with bits set if the cache is to be bypassed). You can find the
patch on the glyphs branch in my github repository
(https://github.com/manuelschiller/vim/commit/d45b7745bd8118748b234e10d8fb9bb80053fa52).
 It does not solve any of the redrawing/cursor movement related issues that
were discussed earlier, but it will at least give users a choice if they want
their favourite font glitch-free without ligatures, or with ligatures (and
still the occasional ^L).

Feel free to give it a try, or let me know what's bad and good about it. In any
case, I'm looking forward to feedback.

Cheers,

Manuel