On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 09:34:02AM EST, Geir Isene wrote:

[..]

> I use vim for almost anything - including writing in forms on the web
> (via the firefox plugin ItsAllText). I write books, esseys, articles
> and all my e-mail in vim (I use Mutt as the mail client). I am almost
> twice as effective in handling e-mail than most people I know with the
> mutt/vim combo.

Aha..! I'm not one of the people you know, but it wouldn't surprise me
if you were almost twice effective as I am.

Any tips forthcoming - or a nice 3-page tutorial if you could spare the
time.

I am not kidding, actually..  this is the kind of stuff you can't get
for love or money.

In days of yore, in every trade, the apprentice would benefit by the
enlightening guidance of the masters - plenty kicks in the pants, I
would imagine, but now with computer skills, it's everyone for himself
wasting their time reinventing and despite all my efforts, my wheels are
all wonky.

:-(

CJ