2010/1/1 Tim Chase <v...@tim.thechases.com>:
>> Searching the web for people's views on writing methods I
>> found a number who said that one should use vim for
>> programming but emacs for other kinds of writing. So I had a
>> look at emacs out of curiosity but couldn't see any real
>> advantage for me in learning it. Am I missing something here?
>> Is anyone else still using vim for writing lengthy texts?
>
> Me :)

Me too ;)

Currently i write my masterthesis with vim + latex.
I don`t use any plugin just pure vim. With a small Makefile i am able to
build the document out of vim. Git over svn is used for a
backup/revision control.

I first tried kile, but i didn`t like the spellchecking. Than i took a
closer look to emacs.
But i'm not getting into this monster. It starts with the config-file.
The lisp-language is killing me.
And nearly every key-kombination don`t work on the first try because i
release the meta-key to
early or to late. So i stuck with vim. I'm not a power user but nearly
every day i learn a knew nice small
feature to do my work faster.

Greetings ,

Christoph