On Thursday 14 April 2011 08:55:04 Eric Weir wrote:
> I've started writing with Vim. For now it'll be mainly in my journal and to
> keep todo lists. Very awkward, of course, but I can move around; insert
> and delete text; create, save, and open files.

Hi Eric,

Look at VimOutliner (http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/alt-vimoutliner-
litt/). It has levelled headings and wrapping body text right out of the box.
All the Vim commands you learn in this thread are equally useful in
VimOutliner, but you won't need to keep changing your settings every time
because VimOutliner comes out of the box optimally configured for text
document writing.

There are also many tools to convert tab indented outlines like VimOutliner's
native format to other formats including LyX, HTML and OpenOffice.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US