On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Charles Campbell
<charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov> wrote:
> Bart Baker wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using gVim 7.3 with netrw v142 on Windows XP SP3. I am not able to
>> copy or move files within netrw.
>>
>> After marking a target (mt) and file (mf) and attempting to move (mm),
>> I receive the following message:
>>
>> **error** (netrw) command<move>  is not executable!
>>
>> Using the same procedure but instead attempting to copy (mc), the
>> procedure fails, but I do not receive a message.
>>
>> Dropping into the source code, it looks like netrw is attempting to
>> use the MS-DOS commands "move" and "copy" to move the files. The whole
>> reason that I switched from NERDTree back to netrw was because I
>> thought copy functionality worked.
>>
>> When I echo the vimscript command 'executable("move")' or
>> 'executable("copy")' within gVim or Vim, both of these return '0'.
>>
>> Vim does not recognize these as valid command line commands, even
>> though they can be used in the windows command prompt. I also made a
>> related discovery that these old MS-DOS commands do not show up in my
>> path.
>>

> Hello!
>
> v145a of netrw (available from my website as
>  http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW) has the following
> variables:
>
>  g:netrw_localmovecmd
>  g:netrw_localcopycmd
>  g:netrw_localrmdir
>  g:netrw_localmkdir
>
> (v144 and earlier style names were in the format  g:netwr_local_movecmd,
> etc)
>
> You might want to consider setting these with whatever works for you.
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same problem that Bart mentioned with netrw
v146a as well.  I'm using gVim 7.3 on Windows XP SP3.
I'm not sure what other MS-DOS commands to use besides "MOVE" and
"COPY" to set the variables "g:netrw_localmovecmd" and
"g:netrw_localcopycmd".

Any ideas?

Antonis Loumiotis