On 06/05/2012 05:21 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
>> If you get your set of open files and windows the way you like
>> them, you can save them with :mksession, then you can launch Vim
>> with ``-S`` to reload that sessions, using whatever means best
>> suits you and your environment (e.g., a shell script, alias,
>> batch file, desktop shortcut, etc.).
>
> I take it all these involve use of the terminal. I've never
> started vim [MacVim] from terminal. Curious about the last
> three options, though.

I listed a bunch of options without knowing your environment,
but since you're on a Mac, you could use a shell script, an
alias, or an icon on your desktop.  The icon might be your
preferred approach.  If you can make a copy your MacVim icon,
you can adjust the command line to include the extra couple of
arguments.  I don't have a Mac; perhaps someone else can give
more specific advice on the mechanics of cloning an icon and
changing the command-line.  You'd be looking to change from
the original command line (guessing here)::

  /usr/bin/mvim

to something like this::

  /usr/bin/mvim -S ~/vim/Session.vim

Then, when you launch MacVim with this new icon, your previously
saved session will be restored.

Michael Henry