James Fraser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> --- On Thu, 7/2/09, Scott Holder <sc...@iamscott.net> wrote:
>

>> Hopefully there will be lots of the desirable ones (128/512ks, Color
>> >Classics, SE/30s, etc) and not too many of the not-so-desirable ones :)
>>

> I have to ask: just which compact Macs fall into the "not-so-desirable"
> category? :^)
>
> I mean, the list you gave of "desirable" Macs seems pretty inclusive of
> almost all the compact models.  I found myself wondering if, say, SEs and
> Pluses are widely considered to be undesirable machines.
>
> (And, yes, I understand that the adjective "desirable" is a very relative
> one.  Your trash is my treasure, etc.)
>
> Perhaps a better way to phrase this would be: when you were trying to unload
> compact Macs in the past, which models tended to linger around?

Well, perhaps I worded that badly. I had a couple Classics I was trying
to get rid of, and I still have them. Eventually gave up, and I still
have one on my desk I play some old games on and do work processing.

Naturally, it's a subject that's very subjective and open to
interpretation. In general, it seems like the non-SuperDrive SEs,
Classics, and Classic IIs seemed to be a little less wanted. A better
phrase for me to use would have been "less desirable than the really
well-liked ones". Classics are kind of nifty since they're basically
Pluses with Superdrives, internal HDs, and ADB, and have the ROM boot.
Non-SuperDrive SEs still have the expansion options. Classic IIs...
well, they're still 68030s at least, even with the other cripplings they
have.

I'm certainly intending no slight to any of the compacts or their fans,
as they all have their charms.

Scott