> I'm leaning more and more toward thinking it's a hardware problem, not
> software.. I think my NeXTStep (the pun was waiting) is to pull the
> logic board and look over it very closely, since I just glanced over
> it when I pulled the PRAM battery. Any particular things I should be
> looking for?

Update: I pulled it apart, and after blowing the dust away, it's clear
that at least one capacitor has let loose. However, I don't think the
damage is /that/ bad, yet, so I'm going to be washing the board and
seeing what happens. Hopefully, all I'll have to do is wash the board
and replace a couple of capacitors.

Thanks,
Caleb