On May 31, 12:29 pm, Abel Ortiz Monasterio <abel.or...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On May 31, 2011 2:34 AM, "QuoVadis" <eelcovanv...@home.nl> wrote:

> > I've had, for some time now, a Macintosh SE/30.

> >When investigating the video
> > problem further (and some Googling) we discovered that one of the
> > video RAM chips had a short between pin 1 & 2. Probably because of
> > leaking caps, possibly washing the logic board.

> Does any one know if the part for the Mac SE will work?  I might have one
> around

First, please trim your quoted text, most especially including the
footer.   Second, this is the last top posted message to which I will
reply.   I fixed your quoting so that your message is bottom posted.

Third, no.  The SE uses system RAM for its video memory.  The SE/30
has what amounts to a very simple PDS video card on the logic board
with independent logic and its own VRAM.   There is no corresponding
part on the SE.

For the original poster, what are the part numbers on the video chips
again?   I know I had some "watched" on Ebay several months or years
back.  I don't remember if the seller shipped internationally or
not.   There are several different manufacturers for those video
chips, so you actually have a number of choices as to exact part
number.   I doubt that the parts are manufactured any more, so you're
probably looking at either finding old stock, or good reusable pulls.

Jeff Walther