On Nov 4, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Jake wrote:

Major question.
I have (somehow) installed a hard drive into my SE, which already
contains two floppy drives. That was a success, both floppies work,
and I know the hard drive is functional.
That said, I have a big issue.

The Apple SC HD Setup application won't recognize the hard drive,
because it isn't an apple drive. This wouldn't ordinarily be a
problem, except for two reasons.
I am running system 6.0.8 on the SE, off of floppies only, so I can't
patch SC HD Setup because most patches don't work, AND I can't seem to
get any information to the SE in the first place.

After much struggle, I have managed to get a hookup between my MacBook
Pro (Lion) and a Powerbook 1400cs (floppy drive native, running system
7.5.3). I can transfer data to and from both the Macbook and the older
Powerbook. However, when I create floppies on the Powerbook, they
won't mount on the SE, and when I create floppies on the SE, the
powerbook says they need to be formatted. Both machines have 1.4MB
drives (I am positive of this), so I can't figure out why they won't
mount. Anybody have any suggestions

So, I have two main questions. First, how do I get PB1400cs floppies
to mount on my SE so I can transfer files, and if I can get that
solved, where can I find the necessary tools or utilities needed to
format a SCSI HD on my SE?

Any help would be appreciated!

Look at some sites like this for the utility disk you need, as far as the HDD set up FWB comes to mind.

http://www.mathdittos2.com/vinsoft.html

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA 92886
From iMac Core Duo 2.0