To: "Vintage Macs" <vintage-macs@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: Mac SE SCSI

Wow? Just lying around…that's cool. Interested in selling?

Also, I found a way to get some info across the systems (transfer
data).

I used Toast Titanium to burn a CD-R as a ISO 9660, which my Powerbook
1400cs read perfectly!, from there, I used the suggestions from
dale_gmail and taped over the right hole in a 1.4MB floppy to make it
recognized as 800k. I formatted it using the powerbook, and the SE
read it. Yay!

Unfortunately, this is a time consuming process, because I have to
collect the files, burn a disc, copy it to the PB, copy that to a
floppy, and transfer it over. I'm okay with that (for now), but does
anybody have any CD-ROM drivers for system 7.5.3 that will allow other
CD drives to be used? I'd really like to use a drive that can read CD-
RW, so I don't have to waste 100 CD-R's in this process.
I've managed to implement some cable hookups to get an IDE interface
on the Powerbook. My 6x factory-default drive has a 90degree angled
2.5" IDE interface. I say 90degrees because instead of the pinholes
being accessible (horizontal), they are vertical, and only accessible
from the bottom. What I did was buy a 2.5-to-2.5 male IDE cable, and
attach one end to the bottom of the interface (only accessible way),
and the other to a 2.5-to-3.5 converter, so I can use any drive. The
problem is that the PB will only support drives with the apple
branding, except if an alternative driver is supplied. I know they're
out there, but I was wondering if anybody could provide links, as all
the ones I've tried have been dead.

Anybody?