--- On Fri, 11/4/11, Jake Tesler <jake.tes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I upgrade the floppy controller?

Replace the IWM (Integrated Woz Machine) chip with a SWIM (Super Woz Integrated
Machine) chip and replace the original ROM chips with the ones containing
updated firmware for the SWIM chip.

Good luck finding either.

ROM and SWIM upgrades were also made for the Mac II to add 1.44M floppy drive
support and also to correct a bug which limited the size of SIMMs usable in
Bank A. I don't know if the SWIM chip for the SE and Mac II are the same. The
ROMs are not.