----- Original Message -----
> A vast majority of people use PCs, so when first time users ask for a
> recommendation, a PC is their answer. Mac users tend to be people willing
> venture into new territory. They like what they find, and in turn,
recommend
> Macs to their friends.
>
> Just my cent and a half.
>
> --
> Alex Allee       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I couldn't agree with the above statement more...  Certainly building and
selling as many 80x86's as I do I am now starting to consider making
recomendations to people who are somewhat new to the world of computers to
purchase a macintosh...  One of the HUGE pitfalls of selling new users a
pentium type machine is that the damn things crash so much... <--- this
statement from a long time Pentium user...  On the other hand they are cheap
to build, I can build a basic pentium box for a few hundred dollars...  want
all the bells and whistles and it costs more but for basic tasks it may be
all you need...

What would be nice would be to have some type of supply of older macs like a
powerbook 1400cs with loads of ram in it.  They would sell as decent little
student laptops...  I don't know enough about macs to know which mac is
which but I will be spending a lot of time and a little bit of money buying
up used macs when and where I can... I passed up the chance to get a
powerbook 100 I think it was for 35 bucks... I didin't think it would be of
any use, now I'm thinking it would have been a fun little toy at least...