on 7/28/01 12:53 PM, Marten van de Kraats at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You do not disagree. Everything in your reaction supports my
> 'theory'. PC people are sheep, Mac people belong to an elite. It's
> just as crystal clear as the difference between nobility and
> peasants, illiterates and academics, etc.
> BTW Stupidity and fear are basically the same thing.

I think that I would go so far as to say that most people (not just PC
users) are sheep, and hence use PCs. I did. I always thought it would be
cool to have a Mac (I remember surfing apple.com years ago, reading up on
the 7200 with a PC card in it, thinking how awesome two computers in one
case would be...), but could never afford one. Also, the very few people
that I knew that used computers all used PCs, so the hand-me-downs I got
were PCs.

I still like PCs, I just like Macs better. I use this 7500/132 (thanks Aqua)
as my main computer now, instead of my P3/533.

A vast majority of people use PCs, so when first time users ask for a
recommendation, a PC is their answer. Mac users tend to be people willing to
venture into new territory. They like what they find, and in turn, recommend
Macs to their friends.

Just my cent and a half.

--
Alex Allee       [EMAIL PROTECTED]