on 8/5/01 11:55 PM, Gregg Eshelman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> Yup, same monitor. Its the Apple Multiple Scan 14
>>
>> According to both AppleSpec and the Apple Online
>> Museum, that monitor's max
>> resolution is 800x600.
>
> Huh. Then why am I offered only 512x384, which it
> can't synch to, 640x480, which works, and 832x624,
> whiich it can synch to but is shifted down and to
> the right?

Maybe the OS can't identify the monitor correctly, and is covering itself.
(Like if you plug in a VGA monitor, it spews tons of resolutions at you)
Are those three resolutions under Recommended or All? See if you can switch
to All, 800x600 might be listed there.
Then again, AppleSpec (how long till they ditch that?) lists two 800x600
modes, both as SVGA. The only Macintosh mode is 640x480...

--
Alex Allee       [EMAIL PROTECTED]