> From: Gregg Eshelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:50:55 -0700 (PDT)
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
> Subject: Re: OT: Small monitor gloat. ;)
>
> --- Andrew Michael MacTao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Mine too, works beautifully at 640X480. Freaks
>> out at 512X384 &
>> won't centre right at 832X624..... Design flaw?
>
> Yup, same monitor. Its the Apple Multiple Scan 14
> Display model M4222. Anyone have one of these working
> right at?

I recently sold one in a package deal w/a 6100av; prior to that, I had run
it on my 7100av and (for a while) on my Quadra 605. On the 7100, I always
ran it at the 832x624 resolution - it worked fine, looked fine (not the best
but hey it wasn't a Trinitron!) never gave me troubles - the only drawback
was that "stretching" the screen display to occupy all of the visible screen
was not possible on the horizontal (vertical was more than sufficient). Even
at maximum width, there was still about 3/8" deflection on either side of
the screen to tolerate. Speakers worked but of course were cheezy (not
talking KRK or JBL here!).
Best regards,
Dana