--- Luc Verhelst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I checked, and it is the same monitor. The
> monitors&sound control panel (OS8.1) on my 6100 only
> has one possibility : 832x624, 75Hz.
> I'm not using any special control panels or
> software, just the generic system ones.
>
> It probably works because the computer thinks it's a
> standard VGA monitor at 832x624.

Weird. I could try swapping the multiscan to the AV
port and the old NEC MultiSynch Plus (so old not
even Griffin or NEC knows anything about it, even
has its own cooling fan) to the built in video to
see if that makes any difference. I could also plug
the multiscan into the E-Machines DoubleColor SX
or the Apple 4*8 card in the Power IIci.

I probably need to open it up, center the external
controls then see if it has controls specific to
the 832x624 mode for centering inside. Time to
dig through that Service Source CD-ROM. ;-)

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947