> I just bought a Quadra 605, and it came with a Apple IIe emulator in the
> PDS slot.
>
> Can you folks tell me how this works?

OK, what it does (if it's the Apple one) is as you said, an Apple IIe
emulation. It basically is an IIe on a card, with an interface to the
computer where the slots (for the IIe) should be. (pickle, help out here...)

> Is there software needed?  Extensions?  Control Panels?

 Yes, yes, and no. The software can be d/l'd from ftp.info.apple.com. The
software emulates ( ][ ) slots, as well as providing a way to start the
emulation. There is an extension too; I believe it is called ProDOS File
Access. It might come with the software.

> What is the triple row female connecter at the back for?

It is for a cable "dongle", with two connecters coming out. One is for
joystick and the other is for 5 1/4 floppy drive.

> I assume it will allow Apple II programs to
> work, and I have a lot of them that would be cool to use.

Yes, but you need that "dongle". And a floppy drive.

Erik
(pickle, correct me.)