--- rlf9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vintage Macs wrote...
>
> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: Apple IIe emulator card
> >
> >It's my understanding that the IIe software
> requires non-32bit access. Am I
> >wrong? Will a Q605 do this?
>
> True, the IIe software runs in 24-bit mode. Your Q's
> 040 processor can do
> that trick, depending on the System you use. 7.1 to
> 7.5.5 are okay.

I wonder why nobody has written 32bit software for
the IIe card? Might be a market for it like the
PC Setup 2.x that allows Apple's DOS cards to run
in more Macs than the ones they originally shipped
in and with newer versions of Mac OS. Of course
Apple is trying to kill off the use of them as
they don't work with OS 9.1 or 9.2.1, unless PC
Setup 2.x has fixed it.

Note to Apple. You aren't winning friends by
deliberately breaking compatability with 3rd party
apps like RAM Charger and your own hardware like
the PC cards, especially the later PCI ones.

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947