on 5/6/02 5:02 PM, Gregg Eshelman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Didn't you even look inside them for goodies? :)
Nope, nor did I  look  inside the 100 7100/66s. I have goodies amighty now
that nobody wants. I've  tried rescuing whole boxes in mass, and rescuing
bulk parts by ransacking the boxes. The Macs that I passed up went straight
to the dump, not even  to the recycler first. It's  gettin sad out there.
When institutions flush out old hardware, jobbers bid on the stuff in lots,
what they can't make use of they put out at auctions and flea markets for
scrapper/salvagers like  me, the Fred T.  Sanford of  Macdom. (I did not do
this to myself on purpose) A year or  so ago I'd have  walked across Texas
(or at  least  a few  blocks) to get the widget that would keep an old
Quadra in service. Right now, me, the dog, or these 50 SuperMac Spectrum 8
cards have to  go: the dog is  sweet, so it's me  or them. Speak  now  or
forever. . .Will anyone ever want a 7100/66 board again? Ever? If you are
going to go to the trouble  to disassemble the machine down to  the  board,
you'd be  nutz  to put a 66 board back in when you could put in an 80 for
$3-$5. So what's to do with the 66 boards? Say 100 of them? Sigh.
--
All the best,
R.A. Cantrell

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>