the old tandy color computer series was based off of the 6809 chip and had a nice operating system specifically for that chip: OS-9. it was a unix based system with networking capabilities (however, limited). not sure if this helps.

Nightwing wrote:

Heya, I've been on the list for a little while now, just generally the
quiet, observent, always listening type, blah. Anyways, was just curious
what all types of non-MacOS O/S's there is out there for 680x0
cpu's...Preferiably non-MMU based, but if it does need MMU, throw it in
anyways and mark it as an MMU one.. Mostly just wanting to see if I can
mickey mouse any other O/S's to run on Basilisk II and also I have a IIsi
and Plus I want to do something with too. Oh btw, anybody have a monitor
that I could use with the IIsi be it free or a reasonable price? Not quite
ready to buy yet--loooking around for the moment but for sure will stay in
touch if I see something that holds my interest. I also need a cord for
connecting a Mac keyboard to the IIsi, and a mouse as well. I've also heard
rumors from my younger brother too that I could take a Cat-5 Cable that
dosn't have any RJ-45 connector ends on it, and just would have to buy a
3-row CRT connector and a 2-row variant, and can just wire up the pins from
connector to connector that way and thus be able to use a PC CRT monitor of
any size virtually.. Wouldn't mind hearing any other good theory's similar
as well, or more details on the one I just listed. Also--is there a version
of Rhapsody that runs on 680x0, and does anyone have a copy of DR2 x86 for
purchase, and/or Warez? [No, I am NOT asking you to post any warez of any
type to the list, in fact, do not, I simply stated I am personally opened up
to the option, feel free to write me directly if it's the case-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] This is a good list and I try to read as much of it as
I can, assimilating what knowledge too. Lookin forward to the reply's.

Have a better then great one!

--Nightwing