At 12:05 PM -0800 12/19/03, david wrote:
I have a IIsi that I'm trying to setup for my mom so
she can do her email. She is 88 and just started the
email two years ago.

I'm tired of fixing PCs so I brought my old IIsi out
of retirement.

I'm running 7.6.1 and think that is ok. I only have 17
megs of ram though. ;-(

17Mb ought to be enough. That is the most I have in any of mine and I never ran out of room with 17Mb.

What is the latest version of Internet Explorer that will work with 7.6.1? And where can I get it?

IE 4.0 will work with this combo. Check around Micro$ofts site it might be buried. This version running on a 68K machine may not do what you need however do to lack of Java.

I tried netscape 4.x on G4 running 9.0 but Hotmail
doesn't really like it. Some of the features don't
work.

-- Clark Martin Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting