on 5/8/04 5:03 PM, Michael at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> on 05/08/2004 02:14 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Hey folks-
>>
>> I just installed a Radius PrecisionColor 24XP NuBus video card into my Mac
>> IIsi.  I know the card works because I pulled it (working) out of a Quadra
>> 800.  However, the IIsi won't display through the video card.  Is there
>> something on the IIsi motherboard I have to do to disable the internal
>> IIsi video or something to get a video card to work?
>
> Sounds like you don't have all the extensions, and control panels
> installed.
>>
>> In case it matters, I am using the stock Macintosh IIsi monitor and
>> running
>> System 6.0.8.
>
> Not sure that system 6.x.x will work with that card, what was the system
> used on the Quadra?  Look in the Quad's system file and find all the files
> for the Radius and try them with OS 6.x.x if you want, but I'll bet you'll
> have to use 7.1 or better on the IIsi to get it to work with the extensions
> and control panels.   I could be wrong though, maybe just having the Radius
> files in the system file may fix your problem. Hope you get it working.
>

> Michael

I had a 24XP working in a IIcx under 7.5.3. Without control panels or
extensions. I honestly don't think the card's gonna be the problem.

The Radius Control panels are generally for the Pivot Monitor.

What I would do to test this problem is start the Mac with the monitor
cable connected to the IIci's internal video.

Then, I'd go to the Control Panel and open the Monitors. See if both the
cards are visible as monitors 1 and 2.

If NOT, shut down and move the video card to a different slot and reboot.

If this doesn't do it, then you MAY have a bent pin in the card's connection
base.

Jeff G