> --- Nat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <clip>
> > I got to thinking that I could still get it to work.
> >  So I straightened out
> > the piece that broke off, and put it into it's
> > proper hole on the female PDS
> > slot on the IIsi logic board.
>
> And now you most likely have a PDS that nothing else
> can be plugged into because that broken pin is pushed
> down into the connector...

Well, that's kind of the point...  I wanted something that is not going to
move around much and maintain perfect contact.

My goal here is to create a sort of 'ultimate' Macintosh IIsi for my needs
and vision.  I don't ever plan on removing the video card.  Why do so when
the card only enhances function and performance?  It eliminates the need for
the IIsi to use the first 1MB of RAM as VRAM, thus speeding things up
slightly.  It also gives me access to 16- and 24-bit color and higher
resolutions.

In any event, the tip of the pin that sticks out is slightly hooked as a
result of it's original bend.  It was not my intention to leave it this way,
it just would've been quite difficult to straighten that part of it out.
The result is that if for some reason it ever *did* need to come out, it
wouldn't be very hard with a pair of needlenose pliers.

Not to mention I have a complete Mac IIsi box (minus monitor) in my closet
as a spare parts donor if anything ever dies on the one I use. :)

-Nat