Hi Chuck, Can you tell me what if any settings you have changed with Text
Grabber? I get a good scan but don't always get the full page even if I change
the hight at which I hold the phone.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chuck Dean
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:54 PM
  Subject: Re: The Sherlock Holmes Of OCR Apps

   I finally got some success with this app.
  I printed a story and then scanned it with this app. The first thing I
noticed is that the tips say to hold the iPhone about a forearm's length away
from the page. The person who wrote that must have very short forearms. :)
   I got results when I held the phone about 12 inches away. The results were
good, but not great. about 80% correct.
  But the main flaw I see is it only scans half of the page.

  The app also did not give me enough time to orient  the page correctly, so I
had to do a few scans to get one that would read. I assume that this works
better for those with no vision, as you could move the phone around until you
got a good scan.

  I am glad to hear that this app is working well for many people,but,
   personally with the limited vision I have Text Grabber is still the best OCR
app,
  I have it configured so only one tap of the camera button and it will give me
a full readable page in less than a minute.

  Chuck