Hi Esther,

THank you for sharing all of this because I had not really given much thought
to how best to hold the phone. I have always used portrait, but in considering
what you have stated, I can see how landscape would make more sense. In fact it
makes sense if for no other reason than better stability. I am definitely going
to try try landscape mode with the OCR apps I have and see how that works. I
hope this discussion will help others try other techniques as well which may
improve their results as well.
THanks Esther I always learn something new from your contributions.

Scott