Alex,

I hope you haven't uninstalled the app yet because if you are sort of handy
with your iPhone you should be able to delete this with Voiceover turned
off. Alternatively, don't you have a family member, friend, favorite store
or bank clerk *smile* who could do this for you, it takes a sighted person
about 5 seconds.

Here is what you do if you want to try this and I can do this every time, it
might take me 2 or 3 attempts, but never more.

First, make sure your iPhone is on a flat surface and maybe put it on a
towel or something so it doesn't move.

Now, find the corrupted download by moving your finger around the screen
(not by flicking) and once Voiceover reads out that part of the book, stop
and lift your finger straight up just a bit (make sure you are on the left
edge of the screen).

Now, with your other hand, do a triple click home to turn off Voiceover. The
way a sighted person can delete downloaded books is to swipe across the part
of the book they want to delete from left to right, a "Delete" button pops
up on the right side of the screen, tap it and the book/part of the book is
gone, corrupted or not. If you explain this to a sighted person just tell
them to swipe across the title left to right and then touch the delete
button.

If you try it yourself with Voiceover off, just put that finger you lifted
up and which, hopefully, is still hovering like a vulture right above the
corrupted part, straight down and swipe across the screen as straight as
possible. You can even put a piece of paper on the screen when Voiceover is
still on to cover the top part of the screen (you don't want to cover the
bottom half because you have to press the home key to turn Voiceover off and
on). Then you have an edge to swipe along.

Now after you do your swipe, triple click home and turn Voiceover on and if
you nailed it, you can now swipe to find the Delete button, double tap it
and you are done. With a bit of practice this works quite well, I sometimes
do this even to delete stuff I could delte by going to "Info" and finding
the delete button, just so I have some practice with this.

Oh, and don't forget to email or call Audible and express your wish that
they make this swipe method to delete titles available in Voiceover, I don't
see why it shouldn't work or they could simply do what Downcast does and
that is to redesign the app so you have an "Edit" button, then you could
check all the parts of a book you want to delete and get rid of them all at
once. I am not a developer, but there have got to be other and better ways
to do this which work with Voiceover.