hi if i may ask are there any other devices i could get and how much areb
they?? i am looking for a stand alone dev ice something separate than the i
phone or note taker like a hand held device.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:49 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: GPS Apps & Stand-A-Lone GPS Units

Eileen,

I am so glad you brought that up.  Ever since my very first Trekker about 5
years ago, I have been saying that a GPS is a good mobility tool and nothing
else.  As well as helping you, it can also get you killed if you pay more
attention to it than to your orientation and mobility.  You must never pay
so much attention to the device that you forget to pay attention to what you
are doing.  If I am about to cross a street and the GPS talks while I am
reading my traffic, I ignore it and make my crossing as I have been trained
to do and just stop and press the repeat button on the other side.  It also
seems to me like too many people think that the GPS will go and place your
hand on the door knob.  I am lucky to get within 10 metres of a target and
use my dog's and my ability to do the rest.

Ron & Danvers