Note that the blind don't pay any contractual fees different than what the sighted pay. Many of the new plans aren't over inflated at all. Based on my calculations, the monthly charge I would pay for a smart phone through AT&T over the months pretty much just adds up to the price of the phone if I were to buy it outright up front. Also, whether a contract is considered over inflated or not is highly personal. For some, it might be worth it not to pay for the whole cost of the phone up front. Someone in this situation shouldn't be made to feel like they're paying an over inflated price just because of their financial situation.