From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Grant Hardy
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 3:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: increasing time before a call goes to voice mail

Hi Don, actually, there may well be a way to do this depending upon your
carrier, but it's a little technical. I was writing a bunch of instructions
for you to try, but really, the below article from Lifehacker summarizes
things nicely. If you're not in the U.S. but use a GSM carrier, try the
instructions for AT&T. It involves typing in a code to change the call
forward if not answered settings, which is how voicemail is often controlled
on GSM carriers. If it messes things up and doesn't allow people to leave
messages anymore, you should be able to deactivate the custom forwarding you
set up by dialing #61#. At that point, your voicemail should begin working
again. Here's the article in question.
http://lifehacker.com/5878635/change-how-long-your-phone-rings-before-sendin
g-calls-to-voicemail

Let us know if you try it and get it working.

Cheers,

Grant