Hi Grant,

Thanks very much for the article. That did answer my question and since I have at&t here, the instructions were perfect.

Don

On 9/3/2012 1:14 PM, Grant Hardy wrote:
Hi Don, actually, there may well be a way to do this depending upon
your carrier, but it's a little technical. I was writing a bunch of
instructions for you to try, but really, the below article from
Lifehacker summarizes things nicely. If you're not in the U.S. but use
a GSM carrier, try the instructions for AT&T. It involves typing in a
code to change the call forward if not answered settings, which is how
voicemail is often controlled on GSM carriers. If it messes things up
and doesn't allow people to leave messages anymore, you should be able
to deactivate the custom forwarding you set up by dialing #61#. At
that point, your voicemail should begin working again. Here's the
article in question.
http://lifehacker.com/5878635/change-how-long-your-phone-rings-before-sending-calls-to-voicemail

Let us know if you try it and get it working.

Cheers,

Grant