marie,

there are issues that tech could drive nerves out of us.

i suggest for you to go to apple store near your home and ask technician to help you with face id. if it is getting too hard, the best thing ti do is to use passcode to enter four or six numbers. i wouldn't waste time struggling and frustrate myself out of it.

some people talked about face ids as they say about with/without false teeth, wigs, make-up, scratches/cuts, and others. sheesh! they come out with wild ideas why face ids are putting issues. some said they believe face ids are based of face mood.

sincerely,

rich