When a tag is scanned, no, your phone does not make any beep or noise.  But it
does vibrate as a way of letting you know that the scan has taken place.
As far as a widget being available to access from the lock screen, no, there is
not one currently, but the company is always taking suggestions on how to make
their app better.

Chris